Tuesday, August 9, 2011

One Hand Free: Blueberry Banana Smoothie

This may become an ongoing feature...

As a father of three (including a newborn), it's not unlikely that if I'm home, I have one hand helping or holding a child, and one hand free. Because of this, I've become very good at doing standard domestic chores with one hand. Many chores only require one hand anyway, like vacuuming and... well, I guess I can only think of vacuuming. Everything else requires two hands. Folding clothes, doing dishes, straightening up, cooking.

If you ever find yourself limited to just one hand free, however, you'll be surprised to find that like the Dare Devil with his blindness, the limitation only opens up a series of heightened strengths to compensate. I'd like to share a particular strength of mine I recently discovered: the culinary arts. As an example of my five-fingered prowess, I'd like to share my very simple "One-handed Blueberry Banana Smoothie" (complete with pictures)

Step 1. Get a bowl and fill it with milk, a banana cut in half, 3 handfuls of blueberries, and protein powder.

Step 2. Mix and serve in a tall glass.

See how easy that is? It was also quite delicious...

No comments:

Post a Comment